dinsdag 13 oktober 2009

Deutsche Pünktlichkeit

And now we come to the forbidden (and therefore alluring) use of the F-word, whose sheer profanity makes you want to curse whatever or whomever crosses your path.

Flight from Mumbai to Frankfurt: had a royal sleep on 3 seats again, I love flying Air India. (And did I mention they didn't charge excess baggage?).
Arrived in Frankfurt with a slight delay. But luckily, when leaving the plane, the stewardess checked my next flight and did her walkie talkie thing.

Then my getting-to-the-gate-in-time-journey started:
  • flight to Brussels scheduled at 7:20
  • passport control - check (busload of Japanese tourists were kind enough to let me pass)
  • security scan - no check: no mercy from the German butch that told me to wait in line
  • arriving at the gate after a 5 kilometer walk at 7:21: no one to be found
  • went to next gate asking where they parked my plane: Flight to Brussels is gone...
  • OK, I managed to keep calm my entire vacation -excuse me mission (hard work!)- but this was the final straw
Needless to say I'm not a big fan of German punctuality...

(btw - my motto: punctuality is the virtue of the bored)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten