dinsdag 22 september 2009

Me against 'The Tea'


Newsflash: Indians like tea.

And preferably lots of it.
At every -literally every- hour of the day.
Tea comes in a multitude of varieties here: green tea,
black tea with ginger and milk, salty yak-butter-tea (black tea, salt, a nice big chunck of yak butter and milk), seabuckthorn tea (oh yes, it's research!). You name it: they brew it.

But I don't drink it. You can feed me pretty much anything but tea's just simply...not my cup of tea. Ever since I was 5, I have a tea trauma so, thanks but no thanks.

That does imply having to turn down tea (and the accompanying people) about 8 times a day: at breakfast, during meetings, in monks' kitchens.
Yes, even declining Holy men...

Tea for two
and two for tea
tea for you
but not for me...

1 opmerking:

  1. mmmmmmmmm salty yak-butter-tea. Ik drink ondertussen elke dag venkel thee (tegen de krampkes van da ventje). Iets lekkerder denk ik.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen