donderdag 17 september 2009

Trapped in -semi- paradise

Shht... What's that sound? Can you hear it? It's the sound of missing your plane returning to Mumbai.

You are currently reading the blog of a not-so-happy-camper.
Scheduled return to Mumbai was supposed to be tomorrow (Friday).
Booking the tickets today with a long weekend ahead, might have been a bit short notice (please note I was not responsible myself) .
So, yours truly is stuck in Leh.
No trip to Agra / Jaipur and Delhi any time soon. Big fat bummer!

We've pretty much seen everything there is to see and I'm pretty fed up with wearing my hiking shoes! (Did I really pay that much excess baggage to only be wearing my warm mountain clothes?)

Oh well, I guess meanwhile I did get used to the minor defects of mountain life, the cows know me and I can visit my adopted donkey again.
And didn't I mention feeling like a queen yesterday?
Well, I still need a couple of hours to get over it.
I guess it's true what they say: there's no such thing like a sure plan in India.



BTW - one good thing came out of it: the guy at the reception desk felt so bad for me that he gave a tour in Brad Pitt's suite at our hotel (he actually stayed here).
I walked over his doormat, sat in his sofa, laid on his bed. Too bad he wasn't home...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten